? ??????????????All I Ever Wanted? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (4 Ratings)??377 Grabs Today. 4686 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Famous Butterfly? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (5 Ratings)??361 Grabs Today. 5670 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, January 14, 2013

Priorities & Getting Organized

Just finished up a fresh batch of homemade salsa for our family taco night & Pink Panther marathon. ( recipe to follow in a later post.... But I can tell you it's THE BOMB!!)


Keeping with my OLW(s) ( one-little-word ) , I've been thinking about how we can focus on REALLY enjoying the moments together ( as a family & as a couple ). I think we spend so much time rushing everyday & sometimes our priorities aren't always were they should be. But I also want to be mindful of being prepared. And by that I mean.... Often when we decide to do something as a family or as a couple we don't always have the finances for it.

Well, I decide we need a better plan! It's not too hard to find lots of cool ideas out there to help you set up your " family fun " jar or a " date nite " planner !

Here's our Family Fun Jar ! ( yes the jar is a rinsed out dog treat jar... It's the perfect size & keeps it out of the landfill :) We each wrote down ideas of FUN , rolled 'em up & tossed them in. I used my xyron sticker maker to add a label to the outside of the jar. The plan will be that on Sunday nights we will draw out one slip of paper & we have the whole week to look forward to the activity the following weekend.

This week we went out for a Family Breakfast at Denny's ...... We love our Bacon !! :)

Another part of this will be a preplanned prepaid couple's date night planner. Honestly, like many families today, there seems to be not enough couple time. I'm determined more then ever to make " time for us " !! It really is important not only for us but for our kids to see it too. More on our date night planner to come ..... Eek , I'm excited to get this going !


I have a confession...... I'm a couponer...... Some might call me an extreme couponer, although... I've been a bit out of the loop lately, so I need to get back on track. But I can say I've easily saved thousands of dollars with not as much effort as you'd think. One of the best sites for information on couponing in Canada that I've come across is Extreme Couponing Mom

At the beginning of January she posted about her 52 Week Money Challenge . It's this brilliant idea on how to start saving money. You can work forwards or backwards but either way at the end of it you've saved quite a substantial amount. You could use this money in December for Christmas shopping, maybe a special trip or roll it over into 2014 for something bigger like a down payment or home improvements. It's an awesome idea that I'm going to use this year. I think I will go backwards, putting the larger amount in now working down to smaller " deposits ". I'm going to adapt it a bit too, for my kids to learn to start saving. WIN WIN :)
Give it a try too if you want I'd love to here how it goes!

I'd like to make it a linky party...lolol...(( sheepish grin...but I have to go figure out how to do that ! ;)


 






0 comments: